1. To make any purchases on the new cart system you must first validate your XenForo license at the following link: License Validation.

Xenique Framework - Overview

Discussion in 'Framework Showcase' started by Forsaken, Dec 16, 2011.

1. iPwN

iPwN Active Member

:wtf:

2. Kevin

Kevin Member

If you've got something to say, say it. Otherwise...

3. Forsaken

Forsaken Staff Member

Just finished an alternative to the subforum grid:

SubForumList.png

Wo2dy, principia, iPwN and 2 others like this.
  4. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Member

I don't know what half of that stuff is :bg:.

OK OK, I don't know what any of that is.

5. Saeed

Saeed New Member

That looks very nice and tidy, David. :thumb:

How about adjusting it so that the subforums start listing with a bit of margin on the left, e.g. in the same vertical line where the text in "Multiple Levels" begins. Currently, it's a bit hard to discern whether the subforums relate to Multiple Levels or Last Node (I know logically it must be related to Multiple Levels). :)

iPwN likes this.
  6. Forsaken

Forsaken Staff Member

This is still going to be undergoing work, but it has style properties for all of it like most of the custom features of the framework so it can be customized per site.

7. Forsaken

Forsaken Staff Member

If anyone is interested, here is a breakdown of just how much makes up the style framework:

Code:
    26 Style Property Groups

29 Custom Templates

3 Add-on Options

364 Style Properties

Color Palette:

- 22 Additional Colors

Xenique - Debug:

- 3 Style Properties

Xenique - Containers

- 10 Style Properties

Xenique - Moderator Bar

- 13 Style Properties

Xenique - Header

- 5 Style Properties

Xenique - Navigation

- 20 Style Properties

Xenique - Navigation Extras

- 18 Style Properties

Xenique - Popup Menus

- 17 Style Properties

Xenique - Breadcrumb

- 4 Style Properties

Xenique - Sidebar

- 30 Style Properties

Xenique - Categories

- 20 Style Properties

Xenique - Node List

- 23 Style Properties

Xenique - Discussion List

- 19 Style Properties

Xenique - Message List

- 16 Style Properties

Xenique - Message Extras

- 6 Style Properties

Xenique - Profile Page

- 17 Style Properties

Xenique - Member Card

- 11 Style Properties

Xenique - Editor UI *WIP*

- 2 Style Properties

Xenique - Editor Dialog

- 1 Style Properties

Xenique - Footer

- 15 Style Properties

Xenique - User Box 

- 11 Style Properties

Xenique - Sub-Forum Grid

- 14 Style Properties

Xenique - Sub-Forum List

- 9 Style Properties

Xenique What's Going On?

- 31 Style Properties

Xenique - Typography

- 25 Style Properties

Xenique - Miscellaneous Settings

- 2 Style Properties

Xenique - Style Specific Settings

- *Depends on style* 

TheVisitors and Kim like this.
  8. Forsaken

Forsaken Staff Member

Just a fyi, this is now outdated :doh:.

Will post a new one when 1.1.0 is finalized...

TheVisitors likes this.
  9. Biker

Biker New Member

Question. What does this framework boil down to for the admin and their users? Specifically for those admins who hate coding and manually changing things up only to have to do it again when there's an update.

10. Forsaken

Forsaken Staff Member

This framework should allow administrators to upgrade styles by just updating the framework. There will be some styles that have editing done outside of the framework (Due to it being specific to that style, like xenBooks visitor panel avatar) but for the most part there are only 2-3 templates that need to be upgraded per XenForo version (I think there was a whole of 15 between 1.0.4 and 1.1.0, and it took maybe a minute at most for each alpha and beta version).

Administrators will generally not have to code anything themselves, as most things added by the framework are controlled by the style properties added to it. This also makes any changes forward compatible with future versions of XenForo.

As far as their users, the framework doesn't currently add much, but as we work on the add-on portion, we will be adding a few things that will be mostly for user interaction. Currently the add-on isn't required for anything but two sidebar blocks in the thread list, last poster avatar and the online ribbons in the message list.

11. Robbo

Robbo New Member

Is this open to the public? This could come in very handy for one of my websites. So could hiring one of you... is that something that you do too? The website is savagerebirth.com. As you can see there is a lot of little things missing etc... and the way I did a lot of the frontend you would probably look down on but I was just getting it done quick... I hate doing front-end work.

12. Kim

Kim xenique! Staff Member

The Framework is only available by purchasing one of our themes, it is not available to the public I am afraid.

13. Robbo

Robbo New Member

And you have no issue with me using the framework by itself after purchasing? Might have to make a new website to use with one of your themes heh.

And about the custom work? Is anything like this offered?

14. Kim

Kim xenique! Staff Member

That depends on where and what the theme is for.

You cannot use it to produce a theme for sale, or for custom work of any kind for a 3rd person.

You can only use it to produce themes for your own single site that you purchased the original theme for.

So you can't buy it and then create themes for other sites you own.. only the original site you purchased for.

Basically it is pretty simple, you can only use the theme or Framework on ONE of your sites, and only for your own personal use.

Yes we do offer Custom Work, you are probably after the services of David (Forsaken) and I am not sure of his schedule, for myself, I am taking a break from doing Custom Themes for a while to catch up with some pre-mades. Your best bet is to raise a new form application for Custom Work.

15. Robbo

Robbo New Member

Alright. Well I want to have a look and support anything XenForo so will buy one regardless. And the work needed to be done isn't that much, just finishing a custom theme with PSDs availible etc. I'll make a proper post about it at a later date.

16. Forsaken

Forsaken Staff Member

I'm also probably going to take a break till after July due to two more surgeries (April 12th and July 7th), and as I've been working nearly constantly on custom projects since October.

17. Wo2dy

Wo2dy New Member

Hello Forsaken,

I love your work and I think buy one of your skins soon. I would really want see on your skins a horizontal view in topics as vBulletin or as one of my custom skin for IP.Board:

Screenshot_1.png

18. Forsaken

Forsaken Staff Member

I actually have a mockup for a horizontal layout that I might implement especially with XenForo going responsive. The problem I have is I do not have control over what people display, what people install and it'll be hard to support it if theres a lot of information.

You can contact me to customize a style or do a custom theme with a horizontal postbit for now, or wait till I have time to implement it.

19. Wo2dy

Wo2dy New Member

Okay, I understand better now. I love the horizontal layout because the attention of members is directly to the content. :)

Never I could buy a custom skin ($500 is much too expensive for me). :sad: I just wonder if I buy one of your premade skins, can you put this setting for me?

20. Forsaken

Forsaken Staff Member

If you can wait about a week or so, I should have my new computer built by then and we can discuss it.

It shouldn't be that difficult, however I need to figure out what is best in terms of horizontal space usage with a lot of settings shown.